Tuesday, May 10, 2011

community

Can I just say how awesome I think my community is here??  I have been touched, encouraged, and overwhelmed by the servant's attitude and generous spirits of those in my community!

It has been only 24 hours since YW has come to stay with me, and I am now well-stocked with formula, diapers, baby clothes, a bouncy chair, and more!  Friends and strangers alike have been ready and willing to joyfully give their time (even at the last minute) to babysit while I'm working this week, and another family is ready to care for YW the next two weeks while I'll be traveling.  I do not feel alone in the care of this child and it is such a wonderful feeling.  As the saying goes, "It takes a village to raise a child."  I'm beginning to get a glimpse of this village for YW, and I think she is in a most excellent place.


No comments:

Post a Comment