The annual Children's Sports Day (the city's version of our Special Olympics) was this Saturday. Sports Day was held at one of the local primary schools, and there was quite a turnout of kids and families. I was amazed at how many children with special needs are here in this city. I've been told often that children with special needs are usually abandoned because families either cannot afford to care for the child, or they don't want to, especially since each family can only have one child. So I was surprised and touched to see so many families show up with their children who have special needs - there were children of all ages with cerebral palsy, in wheelchairs, or with a genetic disorder like Down Syndrome, to name a few.
Assigning numbers
On your mark, get, set...
and go!
Resting in the shade
Three-legged race
Volunteers from HOJ
No comments:
Post a Comment