Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Picture of the Week - June 5-11

I know, I know, it hasn't been a full week yet.  But I'm sure that this would have made it to Pic of the Week.  Remember YW, the little one who stayed with me for awhile?  Well, she is now with a long-term foster family and they brought her to clinic for a check-up today!  She is doing really well with the bottle and her feeding tube has been removed.  We are planning on getting her seizures further evaluated to make sure that we've got her on the right meds and dosages.

I am so touched by this family.  They have just enveloped her into their lives and hearts.  I was only expecting mom to come in with YW today, and was very surprised to see both mom and dad at the check-up.  Dad was just as eager as mom in answering our questions, as well as sharing his own concerns and questions that any typical parent would have in caring for a child with these special needs.  What an awesome couple!

Proud mommy and daddy of YW!


And because I can't help it...here are some earlier pictures of YW when she was with me.  These would have ended up in those missing Pics of the Weeks anyway!


 YW in her first outfit


 After the feeding tube accidentally came out the first time.  It wasn't until the second feeding tube came out the following week did YW take the bottle well enough to keep the tube out.


 Sleeping in her new bed


 Listening to music via my iTouch (the pink thing on the left) - she likes Matt Redman


Not caring too much for tummy time

1 comment:

  1. ahhh...Nancy! This update really warmed my heart. Great job, doctor!

    ReplyDelete